[boldgrid_component type=”wp_randombibleversewidget” opts=”%7B%22widget-randombibleversewidget%5B%5D%5Btitle%5D%22%3A%22Random%20Bible%20verse%22%2C%22widget-randombibleversewidget%5B%5D%5Blanguage%5D%22%3A%22esv%22%2C%22widget-randombibleversewidget%5B%5D%5Bshowlink%5D%22%3A0%7D”]
Why a New Ministry?
As there are many churches of every denomination already in place in almost every neighborhood there is a real question about the need to plant a new ministry. Tim Keller Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church makes clear the reason why God has called some to plant a new church. In his article why plant a new church he states;
Chairman and co-Founder of Redeemer City to City, which trains pastors for ministry in global cities.
Author of Reason for God
Founder Redeemer Presbyterian Church
The Vigorous and continual planting of new congregations is the single most crucial strategy for;
- The numerical growth of the Body of Christ
in any city,
- The continual corporate renewal and revival of the existing churches in a city.
Nothing else–not crusades, outreach programs, para-church ministries, growing mega-churches, congregational consulting, nor church renewal processes–will have the consistent impact of dynamic, extensive church planting
Give the Gospel
in 2 Minutes or Less!
We Need Laborers
Please Join Us In The Building of This Ministry
Click the link to download the Information Join
With is said you would think there would be no resistance to the planting of new churches, however, even from within the Christian communities there seems to be and very ridge contention.
Three Most Common Arguments Against Planting a New Church
- ‘We already have plenty of churches that have lots and lots of room for all the new people who have come to the area. Let’s get them filled before we go off building any new ones.”
- ‘Every church in this community used to be full, much more than now. The churchgoing public is a ‘shrinking pie’. A new church here will just take people from churches already hurting and weaken everyone.’
- ‘Help the churches that are struggling first. A new church doesn’t help the ones we have that are just keeping their nose above water. We need better churches, not more churches.
Founders are those people that are willing to do the work that is necessary to build the foundation for the Physical church, They will forever remain in the annals of the church as founders.
Christians who are skilled in any area are welcome, Not jus ministry, but technology, administration, or whatever talent God has given you, can be used for the build of His Kingdom
If you are interested in being a founder. download the Founders Agreement.
Not everyone is able to get into the trenches and get their hands dirty, Sometimes there Life’s responsibilities that stop us; sometimes there are physical limitations; or location that hinders the ability to be where we want to be.. Maybe you just live too far form the city of Philadelphia, but God has still unctioned you to support us. If that sound like your situation than you can support us as a member, either physical or over the internet.
Download the members agreement form if you want to be a part of what this ministry has to offer.
Because laborers in the Harvest is in its infancy there is a real need for people to come alone side us and help build this ministry. There are two type of people we are looking for. Founders and Members